21 March 2020

Reyer Wemple (1703 - 1796) and Debra Veeder (1703 - 1776)

[From Maybee Society , person page 438 URL:  http://maybeesociety.org/MaySoc/g0/p438.htm]

Reyer Wemple left a will on 20 May 1791 at Albany County, New York: "Reyer Wemple of the town of Schenectady, in the county of Albany, yeoman, leaves to my eldest son, John my fowling piece, with my large low Dutch family Bible for his primogeniture"; besides other land, he also gives John his "orchard lying and being in the Woestyne, town and county aforesaid, on the south side of the Mohawk River".
     To Alida, widow and relict of his son Myndert, he leaves his "house-barn, Homestead, Orchard and five morgens of land where said house-barn and orchard now stand . . . situate, lying and being in Woestyne aforesaid, whereon and wherein I have last lived during or in the lifetime of my deceased wife Deborah, just as the same was conveyed to me by my father, John Wempel deceased", but if she remarried it was to go her children by Myndert. He speaks of his "daughter Susanna, wife of Harmanus Mabie", and of his "grandchildren, Ryer, Abraham, John, Walter Vrooman, Myndert and Deborah, children of my deceased son Myndert R. Wempel and his said wife Alida", also of his niece Catalina, daughter of Isaac Wemple, deceased"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Herman Albertse Vedder ( around 1645-1715) and Annatye Isaacse Provoost ( 1642-1673) - my 7th Great Grandparents

Herman Albertse Vedder is ancestor of all the Vedders in this country. [From:  Genealogy from a Dutch family Vedder/Veeder who came in 16...