21 March 2020

Johannes Myndert Wemple (1675- 1749) and Catalyntje Schermerhorn (1677 - 1708) - my 6th Great grandparents

[the will of Johannes Myndert Wemple on 5 March 1747/48--found in the Maybee Society page 438,  at URL:  http://maybeesociety.org/MaySoc/g0/p438.htm]
"In the name of God, Amen, I, Jan Wemple, of the Mohawk Country, on the Mohawk River, in the County of Albany, being of perfect, sound mind and memory, blessed be God, wherefore but considering the frailty of this life, and certainty of death, and the uncertain time and hour thereof, do therefore this fifth day of March, in the 21 year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord George the Second, and the year of our Lord Christ one thousand seven hundred and forty seven and eight, make ordain and publish this my last will and testament.
That is to say principally and first of all I give and commend my immortal soul after its departure our this frail body, into the merciful hands of God that gave it me. Hoping and trusting for the pardon of my sins and transgressions, in and thru the meritorious death and passion of the Blessed Son of God, Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer.
As my body, I recommend it to the earth to be interred in a Christian like and decent manner, at the discretion of my wife and children.
And, as for such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me with in this life, after my just debts and funeral charges be paid and satisfied, I give, devise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form.
Imprimis - I give to my son Myndert Wemple, deceased, his oldest son John Wemple, my small Island containing about 1 acre of land, situate, lying and being in the Township of Schenectady in the Mohawk River, on the south side of the foremost island as also my full, true and just Eighth part in the saw mill, Dam, Saws, Utensils and grounds and privileges to said mill belonging, situate, standing and being with the limits and bounds of the Township of Schenectady, on the east side of the Mohawk river, about 4 miles from Schenectady, north east on a certain creek called 'The Mill Creek.' To hold for him, the said John Wemple and his heirs an assigns forever, wherewith he must be satisfied and make no further pretense to any part of my estate for being my heir at law.
Item - I give my son Reyer Wemple and to his heirs and assigns I do give and devise all that my messsuge of tenement with Appurtenances thereunto belonging, situate, lying and being on the south side of the Mohawk River, in the limits and bounds of the town of Schenectady, in the County of Albany where he, the said Reyer, lived on so as it now belongs to me, commonly called Damhauer and Warmoes Gadt 'at a place called Woestine.' To hold to him and my said son Reyer Wemple, his heirs and assigns forever.
Item - To my sons Isaac Wemple and Ephraim Wemple and to their heirs and assigns forever I do give and devise my westerly part of my Low arable land, being my great flats situate, lying and being on the south side of the Mohawk river, in the Mohawks country, lying to the west of my house and homestead where I now live and beginning by the cross fence which stands a little to the west of a small creek about 200 yards westerly up the river and so taking in all my arable land which lies to the west of the cross fence, being my great flats aforesaid. To hold them my said sons, Isaac Wemple and Ephraim Wemple, their heirs and assigns forever, to be equally divided and shared by them and among them share and share alike, to the one no more nor better thereof than to the other.
Item - To my son John Wemple, Jr. and to his heirs and assigns forever, I do give and devise my easterly part of arable low land, situate, lying and being on the south side of the Mohawk River, in the Mohawks country, lying to the east of my dwelling house and homestead beginning at the cross fence about 200 yards to the west of my said dwelling house, and so taking in my houses, barns, orchard, homestead, together with my arable land lying to the east of my said house called Robert En Haihge as also my island lying in the Mohawk river just opposite my house in the Mohawks country called '"island" to hold to him, my son John Wempel his heirs and assigns forever.
To my three sons Isaac Wempel, Epharim Wempel and John Wempel, and to their heirs and assigns forever, I do give and devise all my woodland, pastures ground, and premises and appurtenances thereunto belonging, situate, lying and being in the Mohawks country, adjoining to the south of the low land and homestead herein about devised to them, to hold to them their heirs and assigns forever, all to be equally shared and divided by them, and among them, share and share alike to the one no more nor better than to the other.
To my loving wife Arejaentje Wempel, I do give and bequeath all the rest and residue of real estate all my Negro slaves young and old, all my household goods and furniture, linen and woolen bedding, palte, cattle, etc, during her widowhood for her maintenance and livelihood and immediately after my said wife Arejaentje decease, if she remains unmarried or immediately after her remarriage which shall happen first,
I do then devise and dispose of the same in manner and form following, to wit: To my daughter Arejaentje, deceased her son Arent Bradt and her daughter Catollientje Bradt, children of Captain Andries Bradt, and to their heirs and assigns forever, I do give and devise two morgans of arable lowland, situate lying and being on an island which lies near the town of Schenectady to the bounds of said township to the west of side of the town, in the Mohawk river, on the southerly half of said island, is bounded west by two morgans of land, which I some time past conveyed to Widow van Driesen and north by the northerly half of the said island now belonging to Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck and south by the creek and so running along the said creek and partition of fence of Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck, easterly till it takes in the full quantity of two morgans (about 4 acres) of arable land to hold to them their heirs and assigns forever, all to be equally shared and divided by them and among them, share and share alike, to the one no more or better thereof than to the other.
Item. To my daughter, Maria Butler, the wife of Lieutenant Walter Butler, Jr. and to her heirs and assigns forever, I do give and devise two morgans of arable lowland situate lying and being in the bounds of the town of Schenectady on the above named island, on the south side thereof, bounded west by the two morgans of arable land herein above given and devised to my grandchildren Arent Brandt and Catolintje Brandt, children of my daughter Anjentje late deceased; as above state north by Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck above named and south by the creek and running so along the creek and the partition fence of Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck till it takes in the full quantity of two morgans of arable land, to have to her, my said daughter Maria, and to her heirs and assigns forever.
Item. To my daughter, Rebecca Coneyn, the wife of Peter Coneyn and to her heirs and assigns forever, I do devise two morgans of arable lowland situate, lying and being in the bounds of the town of Schenectady on the above island on the south thereto bounded west by two morgans of arable land herein above given and devised to my daughter, Maria, south by the creek, north by Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck as above named an so running along the creek and the partition fence of Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck till it takes in full quantity of two morgans of arable land, to hold to her my said daughter, Rebecca, and to her heirs and assigns forever.
Item. To my son Myndert Wempel deceased, his two sons, John Wempel and Myndert Wempel and to their heirs and assigns forever, I do give devise all the rest and residue of said island situate, lying and being in the bounds of the township of Schenectady just southwesterly of the said town, called the first or foremost island, bounded west by the two morgans of land herein last above given and devised to my daughter, Rebecca, south and east by the creek, north by Captain Jacobus Van Sleyck, as also my house and lot of ground lying in the town of Schenectady bounded east by the street, south by Daniel DeGraaf, north by the lot of Seymons Johan Veeder and west by the creek to held to them, their heirs & assigns forever, all to be equally shared and divided by them and among them, share and share alike, to the one no more nor better thereof than to the other.
Item. It is my will and I do order and direct my four sons to wit; Reyer Wempel, Isaac Wempel, Ephraim Wempel and John Wempel, or their heirs or assigns to pay or cause to be paid all my just debts and funeral charges, which I shall have paid at the time of my decease.
Item. It is my will and express order that if my two grandchildren herein above named John Wempel, and Myndert Wempel , sons of my son Myndert Wempel deceased, as above named do or shall happen to die without lawful issue of their body or bodies, Then what I have herein above given and devised him or them, so died as aforesaid with out lawful issue, shall descend and devolve on all my sons and daughters herein named equally and share and share and divide by them and among them, and share and share alike, to the one no more nor better thereof than to the others, anything herein contained to the contrary thereof not withstanding.
Item. It is my will if one or more of my three sons it wit; Isaac Wempel, Ephraim Wempel, or John Wempel shall die without lawful issue of his or their bodies that the survivor or survivors of my said three sons last named shall then have what I herein above have given & devised him or them so deceased as aforesaid, paying thereof in my just debts he or they so died without lawful issue was herein above directed and obliged to pay and perform.
I give and bequeath unto my son Isaac Wempel, my Negro boy named Caspel. I give and bequeath unto my son Ephraim Wempel, my Negro named Charles. I give and bequeath unto my son John Wemple, my Negro boy named Tobie. I give and bequeath unto my granddaughter, the daughter of my daughter, Arrantie wife of Captain Andries Bradt late deceased Catalientje, my Negro wench called Rood. I give and bequeath unto my daughter Deborah, the wife of Barent Wemple, my Negro wench named Hen. I give and bequeath unto my daughter Maria the wife of Lieutenant Walter Butler, my Negro wench named Saar. I give and bequeath unto my daughter Rebecca my Negro girl named Mary. I give and bequeath unto my son John Wempel, my Negro man named Ned and my Negro wench named Gin, he to pay therefor to my grandson Myndert Wempel, above named the sum of twenty pounds, current money of New York, seven years after my wife's decease. I give and bequeath unto my son Ephramim Wemple, my Negro man named Prince, he paying therefor my grandson, John Wempel about named the sum of twenty pounds current money of New York seven years after my wife's decease.
Lastly, I make and ordain my brother Jacob Glen and my good friend Robert Sanders Executers of this my last will and testament, and do desire them to execute the same for me according to my true intention and meaning. Lastly I do hereby disannul and revoke all former wills by before this time made, willing that this and no other heretofore made to be my last will and testament.
In witness whereof I the said Jan Wempel have to this my last will and testament set my hand and seal the day and year first above written." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Herman Albertse Vedder ( around 1645-1715) and Annatye Isaacse Provoost ( 1642-1673) - my 7th Great Grandparents

Herman Albertse Vedder is ancestor of all the Vedders in this country. [From:  Genealogy from a Dutch family Vedder/Veeder who came in 16...